Monday 13 July 2020

Review: Life in the Victorian Asylum: The World of Nineteenth Century Mental Health Care

Life in the Victorian Asylum: The World of Nineteenth Century Mental Health Care Life in the Victorian Asylum: The World of Nineteenth Century Mental Health Care by Mark Stevens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is about the history of Victorian Asylums I found the book to be well-written, well-researched, and very engaging.

I also found it to be a very readable,with a interesting layout part one is written as a patients handbook with a Victorian tone and perspective while part two is the patient's experience as seen with a 21st century perspective.

As lover of history books I would definitely recommend this book to anybody with an interesting history.

I look forward to reading more books by the author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment