Thursday 3 January 2019

Review: Renaissance: The Fall and Rise of a King

Renaissance: The Fall and Rise of a King Renaissance: The Fall and Rise of a King by Marla Skidmore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This a historical fiction novel about Richard III the story begins with his death at the Battle of Bosworth , but this is only the beginning of the story.

The author made a intriguing an interesting decision to follow Richard into the afterlife from here the reader gets to see events from Richards life in a number of flashback's. We also get to see the struggles he might have gone through while coming trying to terms the decisions he made and the consequences they had. We also get to see him struggle with the reputation he gained and after his death due to Henry Tudor.

I'm no expert on Richard 111 but from what I do know I can say the historical details are accurate and it is clear that a lot of research has been done.

Well done to the author an excellent novel I was hooked from the first page and was sorry to see it come to end.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment