Monday 15 July 2019

Review: Pan's Labyrinth: The Labyrinth of the Faun

Pan's Labyrinth: The Labyrinth of the Faun Pan's Labyrinth: The Labyrinth of the Faun by Cornelia Funke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thank you NetGalley and Bloomsbury publishing for the opportunity to read Pan's Labyrinth Guillermo del Toro & Cornelia Funke in exchange for an fair and honest review.

Following the death of her father and remarriage of her mother to Captain Vidal young Ophelia is forced to move to a new home deep in the woods. Where her new stepfather, the vicious Captain Vidal, is hunting down the rebels fighting against the Francoist regime of Spain.Here she finds her true destiny when she meets the ancient and sinister faun, who claims she is the long lost Princess of his underground kingdom. Faun gives the young Ophelia three dangerous tasks complete to regain access to the kingdom and her memories

Having not seen the movie ,I decided as a bookworm reading the book would be the appropriate course of action. It's a wonderful story about monsters, both the fairy tale kind and the human kind , it's about loneliness, freedom and hope. It has tales interwoven along side the main story, it has rememberable characters and characters you want to love and hate. The book is beautifully written and I really enjoyed reading it so much that I read it in two sittings.

Am I now tempted to watch the film ?
No I don't think I will the book does a wonderful job of bringing the movie to the reader.

I would highly recommend this book to fantasy fans.

View all my reviews