Sunday 7 July 2019

Review: Under the Wig: A Lawyer's Stories of Murder, Guilt and Innocence

Under the Wig: A Lawyer's Stories of Murder, Guilt and Innocence Under the Wig: A Lawyer's Stories of Murder, Guilt and Innocence by William Clegg QC
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Under the Wig was given to me NetGalley in exchange for a fair review.

All the thoughts and opinions expressed are solely mine.

Under the Wig is the memoir of William Clegg QC who has a barrister for 47 years and is head of chambers at 2 Bedford Row, one of the four leading criminal sets in London.The book is told in alternating chapters.The reader will find one chapter containing the details of cases he worked on including the high profile cases of Jill Dando, Rachel Nickell, Joanna Yeates, the trial of Private Lee Clegg and Dr Lin Russell and her daughter Megan Russell. While in other chapters he tells the reader about of how he became to be a barrister, then a QC.

As a true crime reader I found the book made for fascinating and interesting read, the writing flowed nicely and I found that once you started reading the book it was very hard to put down so I decided to read the whole book in one sitting.

Overall it is excellent account of a barrister’s life and I would highly recommend this book to anyone with an interest in law, recent history or true crime.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment